Image Map

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kindergarten Newbies!

Well, our school still isn't ready to move in! Gah! I'm going crazy! I've been trying my best to stay busy though. Last night I met with a friend of mine who just found out she's being moved from First Grade to Kindergarten... dun dun dun!!! ;)

Naturally, she had a lot of questions. There is SO much more to think about than you realize! We talked for nearly 3 hours and I still didn't feel like I did anything but overwhelm her... Sooooo I came home and decided to make a "shortcut" type document that tells those "Kindergarten Newbies" the basics of setting up a Kindergarten Classroom! I tried to not go over three pages, and to make it not look too scary. :)
Soooo here ya go... Your New Kindergarten Classroom!

Keep in mind, our district kind of "spoils" us and we are blessed with furniture, and a plethora (that's the word I use to make myself sound smart) of manipulatives, resources, etc. But at least you get an idea of what you're getting into. :) I remember my first year of teaching, I just stood in the middle of my empty classroom thinking, "Where in the world do I start?"

Veteran teachers, if you have a "newbie" on your team, give this to them! They'll love you FOREVER! ;)

Happy planning!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you made a document for newbies!!!! I also love that you have a ton of resources for your class. I am hoping to have something but I was informed that resources are limited. I wish I had a document like this for 6th grade.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete