Image Map

Friday, June 22, 2012

Classroom Snapshots

The clock is a'ticking! At one of my training's this week I found out that all that has been finished of the new wing of our school (where the kinder rooms will be) is the frame... yikes! I'm getting kinda nervous, so I've been jotting down ideas and looking at old pictures of my room. I thought I'd share a few snapshots with y'all, so heeerrreee you go!
Seasonal Book Display
(this was spring!)

Student Library and "Reading Corral"
(organized by genre and level)
4-Way Word Wall
(Science, Math, Social Studies and monthly words)
Calendar Corner (aka "Cowboy Calendar")
"Tacks"- My Individual Class Incentives
Lunch Count Center and Class Jobs ("Ranch Hands")



"A Pocket Full of Words"
This is my interactive word wall. (used in addition to the traditional word wall.)
Students simply come up, grab the word they need, and take it to their desk to help them spell! :)
Encourages initial sound knowledge and of course sight word practice!
More Organization...
(Pictures are good for Kinder babies)


Desk Group Organization
(Minimizes the amount of time we take
passing out journals, notebooks, etc.)

Browsing Baskets
Read to Self "Hub"
This isn't my best work, I'll improve on it next year... but the basic idea is that students have easy access to the IPICK chart, reading response journal pieces and book recommendation cards.
Readin' Buddies Chart and Pictures



Student of the Week Board
(Our school mascot was the "Trailblazers" so I played on that...)



New sight words and word family easy access
The kids loved coming in on Monday to see our new words and word family!

















I thought I had more pictures, but you get the idea: Western theme, literacy everywhere, kid-friendly organization... it's down-home kindergarten! :) I will post more pics as I find them!

-Kinderella

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks like a fun place to learn! I love it when others share pictures and give us a peek into their classrooms! =)

    I would be nervous too about be able to get my room ready in time.

    Come visit me if you get the chance. I recently shared some *freebies* that I would love for you to grab! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete