Image Map

Friday, June 15, 2012

a NEW chapter

OK, so I have finally decided to try this "blogging" thing. I have seen SO many great ideas on blogs my past 4 years of teaching, and I figured it's time to get my own "space" to house great ideas, write down those little "gems" you generally hear when you teach five-year-olds, and... well, whatever else comes to me!
I'm still SUPER new at this, so bear with me these first few months. That's why I decided to start during the summer--so I could have plenty of time to "play", since that's how I learn. :)

I'll be starting a NEW chapter this year! I am leaving my teaching job in Haslet (I've been there the last 4 years!) and moving East to Trophy Club so I can be closer to my new home and kinda-new hubby! (We were married 11 months ago today!) I would love to be setting up my classroom already and envisioning my next-year classroom (Yes, I'm a dork!), but my new school is undergoing huge renovations this summer and we may not be able to get in until right before school starts... yikes!

So, for now I just have to sit back and relax, which is really hard for me to do. Luckily we just moved into our first house and let's just say it's a bit of a fixer-upper. ;) I've been keeping myself busy with projects and organizing (my favorite!). We're just chipping away a little at a time. Being a first-time homeowner really has it's adventures. I went into the kitchen yesterday to find a nice-sized pool of water in the kitchen... lovely. I always try to keep my phone nearby in case we need to google something... or call dad... :)

We're kind of at a stand-still right now though until we get a little more money saved up. Who knew everything cost so much? It's going to be a while before we grow-into this big house. But, we're having fun and of course I love "pretending" to be the little stay-at-home wifey during the summer! My hubby does too because the house is immaculate, I have time to cook big yummy meals, and I'm always in a great mood! :)

That about wraps things up for my first post. I've got a sweet hubby coming home soon and I know he'll be wanting to celebrate the weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennine!

    Welcome to blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do. If you ever need any help just ask. =)

    I love the name of your blog. I am happy to be your first follower! Wahoo!

    I hope it is not too close to when school starts that you are able to get into your classroom but at least you have your new house to keep you busy.

    I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance. I just shared lots of *freebies* and I am having a HUGE Pete the Cat giveaway that I would love for you to be part of!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather! :)
      I am so excited to have my first follower! :)
      I love your blog! It is super cute! I will definitely check out the giveaway! :)
      Jen

      Delete
  2. I'll be happy to help if you ever need it! Once you get your blog up and going I'll send some of my followers you way! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete